Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back into Routine

School started today. Actually I'm excited for this school year, I think it's going to be the best one yet. I'm homeschooled, but I go to a two day a week homeschool co-op, so I still have teachers, classes and classmates (although to put in perspective, the entire highschool at the co-op has 33 students). It was a little nerve-wracking in English, because we're already talking about SAT's, actually, our the point of our whole English class, for the first half of the year, is preparing and practicing for them. (Then starting in March we switch to a pre-thesis class). I feel like Harry, Ron and Hermione at the beginning of the 6th book when professors start talking about the OWL's right from the very first class and Harry keeps thinking how far away the OWL's are, and yet the creep up on them so fast :) lol... I'm a total Harry Potter lover, in case you didn't know. :D

I do love summer, but in all honesty, by the time Sept. rolls around, I'm ready for school. I like the order and schedule the school year brings. And I like to learn - I don't like all the hard work, but I do like discovering new things. 



I'm excited for the debates we'll be getting into later this year when we read Martin Luther's writings. I'm excited for the creative writing assignments we'll be given after reading Dante's Inferno, Utopia and Shakespeare's Henry IV.
I'm excited to read Utopia simply because it's in one of my all time favorite movies, Ever After. "The Prince as read Utopia?" (Danielle) "I found it sentimental and dull. Honestly, the plight of the everyday rustic bores me."(Henry) :)


And most of all I'm excited to grow in my faith and relationship with our Lord.
~Mary Kate
(As a side note, the first picture was taken this past spring, the second picture was taken last fall with my old Kodak p&s and the last picture was taken at the end of this past July)